Bloody Halloween Apples
Image credit: wonkywonderful.com/dreamingindiy.com
. 4 Large Apples
. 4 Bamboo Apple Sticks
. Wilton’s Red Sparkle Gel
. 2 Tablespoons of Shortening
. 12 ounces of White Chocolate Morsels
1. Wash and dry apples.
2. Insert bamboo sticks.
3. In large measuring cup, microwave chocolate and shortening for 1 minute. Stop and stir half way through.
4. After 1 minute, the chocolate will not be completely melted. Stir vigorously until all chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Dip apples in melted chocolate and transfer to baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Refrigerate apples for 5-10 minutes or until chocolate sets.
7. Drizzle red sparkle gel on apple tops. Use a wooden stick to gently spread gel and manipulate “blood” drips.
8. Refrigerate apples to prevent gel from dripping down further.
9. Let it sit at room temperature 10-15 minutes before serving to allow chocolate to soften.
It's the perfect treat for someone with a sweet tooth and it is very easy to make.