CYO Interview with Synoopie
1. When did you first start designing CYO?
I’ve been designing since 2009.
2. What made you start designing CYO?
I tried designing on the dress up challenge website through Lifetime. When I came over to Diva Chix, I did a lot of designs by re-purposing the mall designs. But then, I finally learned how to do my own designs first by using gimp and then by using photoshop.
3. What is your favorite CYO piece that you have created?
I love them all, but here’s one of the favorites that I designed for the DC Mall.
4. What your biggest CYO accomplishment so far?
I felt very privileged to design on for the design team. Also, it is a great privilege every time people buy designs from my store. I really appreciate it because I know they don’t have to buy from my store with so many great designers out there.
5. What is the best thing about designing CYO?
It’s a creative outlet for me.
6. How long does it take you to create a CYO piece?
I can design an outfit in a day, but I like to stretch out the time spent on it. Sometimes, when I come back and look at a design, I come up with more interesting ideas.
7. Who is your favorite CYO designer?
I would have to say AuntyPat has been one of my all-time favorite designers. Not only is she an awesome designer, but she also helped me out by critiquing my work. That really helped me grow.
8. What’s one tip you can offer to new CYO designers?
Try to learn from CYO tips in the forums and on youtube.