Image credit: cmchatlive.com
With the arrival of summer, we all get in the groove and dance to summer songs (or is it just me?) In this issue, I’ll review some songs that we all know so well about summer!
– The classic by Brian Adams, “Summer of ’69” was released in the album “Reckless” thirty one years ago on June, 1985. It was and still is a huge hit all over the world.
– We have the pop song “Summer Love” by Justin Timberlake, released in November 26, 2007 in the album “Future Sex/Love Sounds”. The great hit sold over one million units.
– In a totally different concept, “Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey from her second album “Born to Die” was released on June 22, 2012 and is about a sad love story. It reached top 10 in five countries and number one in two other countries.
– Released on July 1st, 2015, I bring you “Cool for the summer” recorded by Demi Lovato. On its first charting week she sold 108,000 copies of the single.
– And last but not least, another classic this time by The Beach Boys, “Surfin’ USA” released on March 25, 1963 is a song with lyrics by Brian Wilson set to the music of “Sweet Little Sixteen” written by Chuck Berry.
After a small description of these summer songs I ask that you vote on your favorite in the poll below!
If you're looking to either get your nostalgia on, dance, reminisce, cry, or sing along with the music, these are great songs to listen to in the summer.