CYO Interview with Zumzy
1) Since you were last interviewed by a Pulse Editor, what have you improved upon with your CYO designs?
Oh gosh, I can’t even remember when my last interview was! I guess I try to pay more attention to details now and my shading skills got better. However, I seem to be slower since I don’t do it on a daily basis anymore. You can say I take my time with what I make now.
2) Have you learned any new techniques that you did not know of before?
Definitely! Mostly things related to working with patterns and making hairstyles. I’ve also learned how to trust brushes more, lol. I don’t think I changed anything related to my shading technique though, just improved it.
3) How long does it take you now to complete a new CYO design?
A lot more time than before, that’s for sure. A complete outfit can take anywhere from 4 hours up to several days, depends on what I’m making. Casual outfits usually take less, gowns and costumes with a lot of pieces and details take… forever!
4) What can you tell a new designer who wants to create their own CYO but has not yet started?
Get started and PRACTICE! I can never stress this enough. Also try various types/techniques of making CYO until you find the one that suits you best. And be patient, take your time with whatever you make and don’t be disappointed if you don’t get it right the first time.
5) What advice can you suggest to an existing CYO designer on a new technique that they might not know about?
Never dismiss anything. If you come across a new technique, just try it. You might end up liking it and using it to improve. There’s no harm in trying new things.
6) What is your favorite CYO that you have created since you were last interviewed? What page can I find it in your album?
I’m super proud of a lot of bundles I made for Jocelyn’s pose Cassie, still my favorite pose to work with after all these years. But the one that is closest to my heart is my first phase entry for Divamour 8, my Dragon Warrior (page 32 in griffysgirl’s album).
7) Who is your favorite new CYO designer and why?
Not sure if Mila (mata_hari) can still be considered new, she’s been with us for a while now, but I am in love with her stuff, she has improved so much. The level of detail in her work is amazing.
8) When looking at a CYO designer’s design, what are you looking for to see that the design is an original and unique piece?
I’m all about details (mostly because I don’t have enough patience to put a lot of detail into my own work lately). If a piece is detailed and well made, pretty sure I’m gonna gawk at it for a long time.