Keep Safe This Winter!
For most people, the winter season is a happy time to spend with family and friends. However, not for everyone. Some people use others generous spirits and take advantage of them. We have compiled a list of the top five best ways to say safe this winter!
1. Keep within a group!
– Keeping in a group means you are far less likely to be a victim of many crimes, and do not leave members of the group behind!
2. If you are going awa,y do not tell everyone.
– If you are going away from home, and leaving you house empty, wait until you come back to post about your holiday on social media. If you announce to the world beforehand, your home is more likely to be the victim of breaking and entering or robberies whilst you’re away.
3. Keep presents out of view through the window.
– Placing presents in plain view through windows will only draw attention to your house and its contents. If your tree and presents look easy to access, this will draw more attention.
4. Pay with Visa or Debit card.
– Carrying large amounts of cash that you remove from your pockets to pay for presents and items will yet again draw attention to you, making you more likely to be a victim of a crime. If you pay by card, this makes it harder for someone to take money from you, and if they do, you can cancel the card with little harm done relatively quickly.
5. Keep your wallet or purse close to hand.
– If you use a handbag or a coat, try to use zip pockets and keep them close to your hands so you can feel if someone tries to take anything from you whilst you are distracted. Keep the zipper closer to your body on a bag, allowing you to keep an eye on it and preventing someone from trying to unzip it from behind.
Remember to keep yourself and family safe this winter!