Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
It is the Holiday season and nearing the end of the year. I have been on my annual cookie baking spree for my cookie boxes. And while hunting for new recipes I found these lovely cookies. They have been a hit at 3 holiday parties so far and may be at your next party too.
This recipe says it will make 40 miniature cookies, but I make mine a little bigger. Enough to fill all 24 slots in a mini cupcake pan.
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons milk
Miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Mix together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy with no lumps. Beat in one egg before mixing in vanilla and milk.
4. Add the flour and mix well.
5. Shape the into peanut butter balls. The recipe calls for 40, but I make 24 cookies out of this recipe. Place into a mini muffin/cupcake pan.
6. Bake for 8 minutes. While baking unwrap the peanut butter cups.
7. Remove from the oven and immediately press the mini peanut butter cups into the center of each ball.
8. Let cool in pan for about 30 minutes and then carefully remove.
This recipe is definitely for peanut butter lovers. The cookie its self has a strong peanut butter taste, of course! When you bite in you taste the delicious chocolate before another bite of rich peanut butter. These cookies are amazing, warm, cool, and a few days old.