The holidays are right around the corner and in my house that means baking, baking, and more baking! I am a nut this time of year and always like to make cookie (dessert) boxes for my family and friends. This is a delicious recipe I found in a Betty Crocker book while sorting through cookbooks and thought it would be wonderful to share with you all.
2 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 (1.5 sticks) of butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 table spoon granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
I am terrible and tend to not follow instructions. I ended up using more then 1/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla. I added a little bit at a time until it tasted good to me.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 13×9 pan if you wish. I know with some pans nowadays you don’t have to use any spray at all.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat the butter until it is creamy. Slowly mix in the white and brown sugar until blended. Then gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla into mixture until combined. On a low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until completely blended.
4. Pour in half the batter into the pan, make sure it is even. Once spread, pour the cinnamon mixture on top. Drop the remaining batter in teaspoon size amounts into the pan.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick and poke it into the middle, making sure it comes out clean.
6. Drizzle the glaze over the bars and bon appetit!
This is a very tasty dessert and definitely sweet. But, I find it tastes a lot better when it is warm. So, once it was cool I microwaved it for about 30 seconds to warm it back up. These bars are very delectable and sweet.