SUMMER DIY: Lemonade Lip Balm
Warm/hot days are here and our lips tend to get dry easily this season, so we give you summer special DIY to make sure your lips smooth and health even better!
Materials and Ingredients:
– 1/2 oz. Beeswax (half of the bar shown above)
– 1/2 oz. Coconut Oil (1 Tbsp.)
– 1/4 oz. Cocoa Butter (1/2 Tbsp.)
– 1/4 oz. Shea Butter (1/2 Tbsp.)
– 15 drops of doTerra Lemon Essential Oil (make sure it is safe for digestion if not using doTerra)
– Small Lip Balm Jars or Tubes 1/4 or 1/2 oz. (I saved eye cream jars and washed them out)
– Glass measuring cup or container
– Cheese grater (optional)
Yield: Recipe yields enough to fill three 1/2 oz. jars. Feel free to double the recipe to make more.
1. Combine beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter in a glass measuring cup (or other glass container.) Set the glass in a saucepan filled with 1-2 inches of water. Heat the water and stir the ingredients until they are completely melted.
2. Remove the glass from the sauce pan with an oven mitt or hot pad.
3. Add 15 drops of doTerra lemon oil to the mixture. Stir quickly before the mixture begins to harden.
4. Pour the mix into small jars (I’ve been saving these L’oreal eye cream jars for a while now. But, you can also purchase similar polystyrene jars here or lip balm tubes.)
5. Let the jars set until cool and the contents have hardened.
Source: Pretty Handy Girl
An excellent DIY lip balm that works well to keep lips soft and beautiful in the hot weather!